Since the age of three Wayne has been spinning vinyl. After spinning Action Man around on the family Dansette at 78rpm had grown weary, Wayne decided to try out some of his mothers records, the first of which was The Beatles "This Boy" which also played at his favourite speed of 78rpm several times before trying out 33rpm and then the correct speed of 45rpm, which was when his love affair of music started, The Beatles were followed by Buddy Holly, who Wayne still considers the roots of popular music, Billy Fury, The Who, The Small Faces, The Kinks etc.
Name: Wayne Lundqvist Ford.
Radio DJ since: 2013
Origin: Brighton, Sussex, now based in Gothenburg, Sweden
First album purchased: The first album I had was The Beatles - Rubber Soul, the first album I purchased myself was The Jam - Sound Affects.
Favourite track: Tough one to call but Teenage Fanclub, Everything Flows or Love, Maybe The People Would Be The Times or Between Clark & Hilldale
Favorite artist. Love and Teenage Fanclub First Concert. The Who at Brighton Centre 1981
Likes: Power Pop, Mod, 60's Garage, Psyche and classics, Northern Soul, Motown, Surf, Punk, Indie Pop, Alternative and Ska.
Dislikes: Death Metal, Metal, Hair Bands, Rap anything like Celine Dion etc.
Will turn radio of for: Whitney Houston, Sade, Madonna, Seal, Coldplay but would never turn on mainstream radio anyway!
Latest from Programme Director
- Fill The Silence Radio Show Special - Songs That Shaped Me - Jeff Turner
- 214 – Red, Blue & Black – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke
- 213 – Cherokee – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke
- 212 – Hot as Hell – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke
- 211 – Gunfire & Gasoline – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke