Brainwaves is eclectic alternative radio – two hours of great music every week spanning five decades of rock and roll. You’ll hear everything from the pop 70s all the way to the latest melodic indie, with a healthy dose of punk, progressive, new wave, dream pop, synth pop, slowcore, country folk, electronica, art rock and grunge thrown into the mix. And since Brainwaves broadcasts from Jerusalem, you’ll hear some cool Israeli rock as well.
Brian has wanted to be a DJ ever since he was 7-years-old growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area and his parents bought him a cassette tape recorder. He began talking over the songs he heard on the radio in his best 1970s Top 40 Boss Jock voice. It wasn’t until college in 1980 that his dream was fully realized and Brainwaves was born, then as a New Wave program.
Brainwaves took a hiatus until 2011 while Brian built a career first as a hi-tech entrepreneur and more recently as a freelance journalist and editor. His writing can be found all over the Internet, including at The Jerusalem Post, Israel21c, the AIM Group, and on his blog This Normal Life, which has appeared weekly since 2002. Brian lives with his wife and three children in Jerusalem.
Latest from Programme Director
- Fill The Silence Radio Show 8
- Fill The Silence Radio Show Special - Songs That Shaped Me - Jeff Turner
- 214 – Red, Blue & Black – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke
- 213 – Cherokee – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke
- 212 – Hot as Hell – The Hard, Heavy & Hair Show with Pariah Burke